Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Acts 10:42-43
Today at 3:32 am by clark thompson

» God in the Details By James Banks
Yesterday at 4:53 pm by LesBrewer

» Anywhere By Elisa Morgan
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:57 pm by LesBrewer

» The Art of Forgiveness By David C. McCasland
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 pm by LesBrewer

» Are we all born sinners?
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm by LesBrewer

» Hurry Not By Amy Boucher Pye
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:45 pm by LesBrewer

» Judging Origins By Tim Gustafson
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:17 pm by LesBrewer

» SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT!
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:32 pm by LesBrewer

» Learning to Know God By Karen Wolfe
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm by LesBrewer

» What is escapism?
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am by LesBrewer

» Pressing On To Maturity -Study of the book of Hebrews!
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:59 pm by LesBrewer

» Just a Second By Dave Branon
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:13 pm by LesBrewer

» Num 22:18-19
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:56 am by clark thompson

» Reason to Sing By Kirsten Holmberg
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:17 pm by LesBrewer

» Let There Be Light!
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am by LesBrewer

April 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Praise The Lord!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Praise The Lord! on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:45 am

LesBrewer

PRAISE THE LORD!

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak! Jesus spoke these words in Gethsemane as he exhorted his disciples to pray. The end of Jesus’ ministry in the natural body was fast approaching the last supper and the fellowship was a fading memory and the disciples longed for rest and not the spiritual energy associated with prayer. It was night before the Savior’s passion and the plot to arrest Jesus was already in motion. He chose to pray through until all the natural desire to preserve his life had lifted and he was totally submitted to what he knew was coming through the night and into the next day. He urged his disciples to pray, but not for him; but for spiritual strength and endurance to stand the tests which would surely avail themselves. Jesus concluded his prayer with an imperative statement “not my will but thy will be done”.

It’s true that we have a model prayer given to us; we’ve mislabeled it the “Lord’s Prayer” but it’s the disciple’s prayer. Without following this model we cannot be molded into the image and likeness of Christ in word or in deed. We seek first the Father by worshipful adoration's of his holiness and the loveliness of his being, we express our desire to have his will done in us as it is in heaven; for we are earthen vessels filled with the Holy Spirit, we seek him for substance and for guidance to avoid sin and temptation. Then we conclude with the exaltation that he is the glory and power forever! He is that power working in the inward being.

I was hungry and he fed me, I was cold and he gave me shelter, I was persecuted and he sent angels to protect me, I was alone and afraid and he gave me comfort and filled my heart with faith. Brethren the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, we cannot resort to slumber in Gethsemane; we must pray until we are endued with the spiritual endurance and fortify ourselves against the wolves and lions of this wicked world. We cannot pretend to know God for times of testing will come to show how God we actually let him have access to us. He came to dwell in temples of clay made from the earth and to shine brightly through us. Slumber only robs us of the stabilizing power of the spirit, for slumber doesn’t keep us spiritually vital or strong; it weakens us and makes us prey. We are the most vulnerable when we are spiritual snoozing our lives away. There is no discernment, no awareness of our enemies, and no wisdom to contend with the wickedness of today.

Prayer is preparation every incident, instigation, and aggravation that is designed to pull us down. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak! The flesh is subtle in the carnality of the mind; prayer renews the mind and redefines our mindset to be spiritually sensitive to our own erosion and prompts us to pray until we are where we need to be. When we go to Gethsemane it not for slumber it for prayer and prayer produces power to endure the trials of life.

“Thou wilt show me the paths of life, in thy presence is the fullness of joy, and at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore”. Psalm 16:11

There is faith to be found in the presence of the Most High God; Yahweh is God and Yeshua is his Son! Hallelujah!

Shalom, Agape, and Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum