Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» The Babushka Lady By Bill Crowder
Yesterday at 5:49 pm by LesBrewer

» Num 22:22-23
Yesterday at 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Up a Tree By Elisa Morgan
Tue May 22, 2018 4:48 pm by LesBrewer

» Pressing On To Maturity -Study of the book of Hebrews!
Tue May 22, 2018 4:22 pm by LesBrewer

» What does it mean to be dead in trespasses and sins?
Mon May 21, 2018 5:49 pm by LesBrewer

» A Prayer of Forgiveness By David C. McCasland
Mon May 21, 2018 5:07 pm by LesBrewer

» TRUTH BRINGS CONFRONTATION!
Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm by LesBrewer

» A New Community By Linda Washington
Sun May 20, 2018 4:46 pm by LesBrewer

» Even If - By Alyson Kieda
Sat May 19, 2018 3:11 pm by LesBrewer

» Overflowing By Adam Holz
Fri May 18, 2018 4:56 pm by LesBrewer

» Being absent.
Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:44-45
Wed May 16, 2018 4:03 am by clark thompson

» BEAUTY OF PATIENCE
Thu May 10, 2018 12:02 pm by LesBrewer

» The Point of No Return By Bill Crowder
Wed May 09, 2018 3:37 pm by LesBrewer

» A question about the sacrifice of Jesus
Wed May 09, 2018 3:05 pm by LesBrewer

May 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Power Of Demonstration By David C. McCasland

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LesBrewer

The Power of Demonstration By David C. McCasland

Read: 2 Timothy 3:10–17

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16

My attempts at fixing things around the house usually lead to paying someone else to undo the damage I caused while trying to fix the original problem. But recently I successfully repaired a home appliance by watching a YouTube video where a person demonstrated step by step how to do it.

Paul was a powerful example to his young protégé Timothy who traveled with him and watched him in action. From prison in Rome, Paul wrote, “You . . . know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, persecutions, sufferings” (2 Timothy 3:10–11). In addition, he urged Timothy to “continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures” (vv. 14–15).

Paul’s life demonstrated the necessity of building our lives on the bedrock of God’s Word. He reminded Timothy that the Bible is the powerful, God-given source that we need to teach and to demonstrate to others who want to be Christ-followers.

As we thank the Lord for the people who helped us grow in faith, we are challenged to follow their example of living out the truth as we teach and encourage others.

That’s the power of demonstration.

Lord, as others have demonstrated Your truth to us, may we in turn show it to others.

We are called to live out God’s Word as we teach and encourage others.

INSIGHT
Through the life-giving Word of God people learn of the saving work of Christ and His ability to transform our sinful heart into a righteous one (2 Timothy 3:14–17). The Bible is “God-breathed” and the fountainhead of spiritual healing. Its life-giving properties make it “useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” (v. 16). The purpose of this divine revelation is to make us complete, equipping us to live godly and productive lives.

How can you teach and encourage others to build their lives on God’s Word?

For further study on 2 Timothy, see christianuniversity.org/courses/the-pastoral-epistles.

Dennis Fisher

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum