Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Acts 10:42-43
Today at 3:32 am by clark thompson

» God in the Details By James Banks
Yesterday at 4:53 pm by LesBrewer

» Anywhere By Elisa Morgan
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:57 pm by LesBrewer

» The Art of Forgiveness By David C. McCasland
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 pm by LesBrewer

» Are we all born sinners?
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm by LesBrewer

» Hurry Not By Amy Boucher Pye
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:45 pm by LesBrewer

» Judging Origins By Tim Gustafson
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:17 pm by LesBrewer

» SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT!
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:32 pm by LesBrewer

» Learning to Know God By Karen Wolfe
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm by LesBrewer

» What is escapism?
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am by LesBrewer

» Pressing On To Maturity -Study of the book of Hebrews!
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:59 pm by LesBrewer

» Just a Second By Dave Branon
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:13 pm by LesBrewer

» Num 22:18-19
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:56 am by clark thompson

» Reason to Sing By Kirsten Holmberg
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:17 pm by LesBrewer

» Let There Be Light!
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am by LesBrewer

April 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two Minds

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Two Minds on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:47 pm

LesBrewer

TWO MINDS

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. (James 1:8)

It’s not good to compartmentalize our spiritual life from our life in secular realm. The truth is that our faith should be the most obvious thing about our person. Yes he that is a soul winner uses wisdom in how to be approachable, amiable, and readily informative concerning the faith. We cannot witness to what we do not illustrate personally. We are not supposed to be a dichotomy of contradiction which is normally defined as being doubleminded. But we’re supposed to be a unified soul infused with a new nature. I like the way another translation translates the James 1:8

“Such a one is a man of two minds, undecided in every step he takes”. (James 1:8)

It is a fact that we are complex creations which wrestle with the virtues of morality and the raging battle against the soulish carnality of the old creature. Yet in truth we are new creations filled with the virtues of the divine substance of God’s indwelling Spirit. Yet when we compromise by conceding to make two separate compartments of dealing with the spiritual and secular; we set ourselves up for hypocrisy. Why? No one can service two masters with the equal amount of love, loyalty, and lucidness. Ultimately they will hate one and love the other; until they make up their mind they’ll be totally conflicted.

The affections of two minds are always in a cycle of the spiritual or carnal, the serious or sensual, and heavenly or worldly, these two contrary principles of flesh and spirit prevail in him. That which sways both mind and spirit produces variableness of temperament. A two minded man is susceptible to temptation. Those who are not founded and grounded in singleness of faith cannot expect anything from the Lord. One must cancel out the old man and his mindset and embrace by faith the wisdom of the word.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17)

The word of God is supposed to have the answer to all life’s problems; this is what I conclude when I read its pages in study for the development of my life. Faith is produced by a message which comes from God, by hearing I understand and by understanding I apply it to my life. The more I hear and heed, the more I apply it, the greater my faith and trust in Christ is, and the greater my faith the more single, sound, and powerful is my mind.

Brethren keep the faith today by focusing your faith singularly upon the Christ of the Word and the Word of the Christ. When you have questions; believe that he hears. Don’t allow those doubts, fears, and unbelief’s of the old man invade your mind and set up an evil twin of opposing views. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
Brother Ray…………………exhorting you to stay focused today!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum