Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» What does it mean that God is rich in mercy (Ephesians 2:4)?
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 pm by LesBrewer

» "Lovable!" By Adam Holz
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:12 pm by LesBrewer

» I Will Build My Church" with Dr. O.S. Hawkins
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:36 pm by LesBrewer

» Quieting the Critic By Kirsten Holmberg
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:57 am by LesBrewer

» Advice from My Father By Linda Washington
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:28 pm by LesBrewer

» Num 23:24-25
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» A Warm Welcome By Dave Branon
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:59 pm by LesBrewer

» AGE OF DELUSION
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:58 pm by LesBrewer

» The Perfect Father By Xochitl Dixon
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:18 pm by LesBrewer

» Faces By David H. Roper
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:00 pm by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about self-image?
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:00 pm by LesBrewer

» And in Truth By Tim Gustafson
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:12 pm by LesBrewer

» Side by Side By Keila Ochoa
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:41 pm by LesBrewer

» Pressing On To Maturity -Study of the book of Hebrews!
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:14 pm by LesBrewer

» A Blind Man’s Plea By Arthur Jackson
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm by LesBrewer

June 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strength and Courage!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Strength and Courage! on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:11 am

LesBrewer

Strength and Courage

I thoroughly identify with people when they are going through the valley of decision! I believe anyone who doesn’t question themselves in respect to their purpose isn’t being honest with themselves and others. The realities of questions arise especially as we get older. Some of the things we used to be skillful at are failing, our agility is not as great as it once was, and even our memory evades us, and we seem more susceptible to sickness! In places we used to be in high demand no one hardly remembers our name. Then there are those times we just want to throw our hands up and declare what’s the use?! This is one of the strategies of the enemy is to make us feel we are no longer useful in the Kingdom of God. A psalmist long ago concluded barrage of questions in psalm 31:

(22) As for me, I said in my haste, “I am cut off from before your eyes.” Nevertheless you heard the voice of my petitions when I cried to you.
(23) Oh love Yahweh, all you his saints! Yahweh preserves the faithful, and fully recompenses him who behaves arrogantly.
(24) Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in Yahweh. Psalms 31:22-24

Brethren when are tried and are obedient through the purging we shall come forth like purified gold. God not only sees life’s frustrations, but also hears our prayers concerning them. Strength and courage come when we look past our frailty unto his fortitude. In our human frailty we shall many things in common with those of the world that go through battles in life; yet we are not like the world when it comes to the resource of our strength. Our hope is in Christ our Lord the fountain of life. In life our weaknesses become apparent when battles come, with temptations arise, and when we are in the midst of a great labor of the Lord’s work. When we are engaged in a labor for the Lord; in and of ourselves the best of people are but people at their best; we fall short of the glory of the Lord. Without faith it is impossible to please God; let us have confident without fainting in the way and wait upon the Lord in prayer and thanksgiving and he will strengthen our heart.

(13) I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of Yahweh in the land of the living.
(14) Wait for Yahweh. Be strong, and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for Yahweh. Psalms 27:13-14

But you ask; how can I to attain this strength? Must I always go on in these weaknesses? No, emphatically!

1. Faith: gains us victory over our weaknesses. “Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lusts of the flesh.”
2. Watchfulness: occupying our time in what is good and right, and storing up the mind with God’s truth.
3. Prayer: This cannot be neglected, the more we pray the stronger we are.
4. Kill the roots of fear, doubt, and unbelief. Cut down the trees, but not this only, pull up the roots.
5. Guard the mind: by directing your thoughts and desires according to the plans and purposes of God.
6. If a sin or weakness has gained power over you, respond quickly to subdue it.

“Today, if ye will hear His voice,” and walk therein. In our own strength no one is sufficient for these things; but the grace of God will help us. Don’t allow the frustrations, disappointments, and failed attempts become the end of your story. God has an ample supply of strength and courage to allot to those who seek him. One of the greatest misunderstandings about life is the concept that life is designed to be fair; but this misconception is presumptuous and erroneous and leads people to a state of depression because life has never been fair to them. Brethren the spoils belong to the strong and courageous; those who have arrayed themselves in spiritual armor and dwell in the strength of the Almighty God and are not dependent upon themselves but in the power of God that dwells in their inner man! Below is a principle and a truth; it is a product of direct correspondence with God. This truth applies to us today in principle.

(7) Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
(8) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
(9) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:7-9

Brethren let me encourage you today. God is with you wherever you go; he is not a God is far off but a God who is with you and in you. He shall guide you into all truth and show you things to come. Wait upon the Lord and He shall strengthen you; put the whole sum of your hope and faith in Him. Why? “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose”. (Romans 8:28)
Brethren, don’t give up, don’t stop believing and keep on trusting the Lord thy God who will fulfill the promises of his purposes in you to his glory! Selah

Shalom, Agape,& Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary of God)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum