Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Acts 10:7-8
Today at 11:54 am by clark thompson

» When Beauty Never Ends By James Banks
Today at 11:44 am by LesBrewer

» Why do people reject Jesus as their Savior?
Today at 11:21 am by LesBrewer

» We've Got the Power
Yesterday at 11:36 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Yesterday at 11:18 am by LesBrewer

» An Encounter with Stones
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:17 pm by LesBrewer

» Invisible Influence By Jennifer Benson Schuldt
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am by LesBrewer

» What should a Christian do when convictions violate ........
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:28 pm by LesBrewer

» Room 5020 By Dave Branon
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 am by LesBrewer

» Held by God By Monica Brands
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:04 am by LesBrewer

» How can I overcome temptation?
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm by LesBrewer

» A New Name By Marvin Williams
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 am by LesBrewer

» How should a Christian view apartheid?
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:54 pm by LesBrewer

» The Good Shepherd By Amy Boucher Pye
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 am by LesBrewer

» Two - Winged Sun By Poh Fang Chia
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:19 am by LesBrewer

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confide and Abide

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Confide and Abide on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:09 pm

LesBrewer

CONFIDE AND ABIDE

Confide: to entrust; to have confidence in; to share confidentially.
Peace comes to dedicated people; not peace from the tumultuous occurrences of life; but a soul peace that passes all comprehension. In Christ we have found a resting place which is a promise of our covenant with and in Him. The human element of our earthly life is in conflict with our spiritual being and here in lies the problem for those whom harbor so much confusion, agitation, and commotion inside. Brethren God has infused a peace which is unshakable and unstoppable as we allow it to permeate our being. Peace be unto you is a statement which preluded much of New Testament Holy Writ. If he abides in us then we have peace abiding in us. He is a well of confidence, assurance, and steadfastness. The more turmoil which invades our lives the greater his peace does abide:
(26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
(27) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:26-27
Our present age is far from the simplicity of former centuries. Humanity has advanced with different spectrums of industry, science, technology, medicine, and politics. Yet with all these advances man morally is more corrupt. Nothing in the vastness of man’s creativity fills the emptiness of his soul. There is but one thing which can fill the void and bring rest to the restlessness; God’s Holy Spirit! There is but one thing which can quench the fiery darts of fear, doom, and despair; God’s Holy Spirit living, abiding, and guiding us.
Could it be that simple; could it be that uncomplicated? Just to have confidence entrusting our path’s to peace. We as a spiritual people united in the bond of peace; separated unto God for the purposes of the Kingdom of Heaven may face spiritual, emotional, and physical conflicts; but peace should always abide. Peace is a patent part of patience which is spiritual virtue and fortitude. In the Spirit we have latent power to sustain and maintain us in troublesome times. Yet God has given us the preference of decision; we can choose to let peace consume us or we can decide to be overwhelmed.
The first verse of an old hymnal written many years ago sings with joyful explanation: “I’m rejoicing night and day as I walk the pilgrim way, for the hand of God in all my life I see; and the reason of my bliss. Yes the secret all is this; that the Comforter abides with me”.
Brethren open the eyes of your heart and give God its throne; only when we surrender all to him in pious submission will the effectual power of peace reign in spirit and soul. May his grace cover you spiritually, soulically, physically, socially, and financially today. In the mighty Name of Jesus! Selah
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum