Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Acts 10:14-16
Yesterday at 10:30 am by clark thompson

» What does it mean that ‘to die is gain’ (Philippians 1:21)?
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:19 pm by LesBrewer

» Make a Joyful Noise By Linda Washington
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am by LesBrewer

» Take a Number By David H. Roper
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:24 am by LesBrewer

» Hide And Seek By James Banks
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 am by LesBrewer

» Num 21:25-26
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm by clark thompson

» Serve and Be Served By Cindy Hess Kasper
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 am by LesBrewer

» What does it mean that Satan is the accuser?
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:54 pm by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 pm by LesBrewer

» How Much More! By David C. McCasland
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 am by LesBrewer

» Great Love By Alyson Kieda
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am by LesBrewer

» What's the Best Gift?
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:51 am by LesBrewer

» The Good Earth By Philip Yancey
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:12-13
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am by clark thompson

» The Hand Of Comfort
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:16 am by LesBrewer

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Desire By Ray Ritchie!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Desire By Ray Ritchie! on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm

LesBrewer

DESIRE

One of my favorite worship songs verses “this is my desire to honor you; Lord with all my heart I worship you”. I’ve heard many sermons on desire addressing both the good and bad aspects of the subject. But I want to focus on the good and godly. First I don’t advocate the popular concept in the pseudo-doctrine of positive confession; but I do believe in positive interaction with God.
The Transient Prosperity of the Wicked verses the Eternal Wealth of the Righteous
(3) Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
(4) Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
(5) Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Psalms 37:3-5 KJV
Psalm 37 is an illustrational contrast between the desires of the wicked and the righteous. The Psalm explains motives and intentions associated with the heart. One is God-centered the other is man-centered. One is a narcissistic heart of greed which doesn’t care about the woes or travesties of those around them. The other is a selfless heart of love and compassion burdened with the woes and tragedies of those around them.
God is the Author and Finisher of our Faith, we must seek him first and his righteousness. When we truly pursue him with all that is within us; our desires will conform to his desires for our lives. Trust in the Lord and do good; this is not a solitary message for the Old Covenant, this is applicable in the New Covenant as well. We are created unto righteous works which reflect his Spirit dwelling in us.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 KJV)
When we commit our way unto the Lord he orders our steps.
(23) The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
(24) Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. Psalms 37:23-24 KJV
When we are walking in the steps ordered the Lord; we delight in His way! It is not cumbersome it is a delight. Our nature has been changed from dark carnal craving into a deep spiritual yearning. We seek first the mind and heart of God and then commit ourselves to his word, way, and will for ourselves. We find the wealth of soul satisfaction and a peace that passes comprehension. We are satisfied with the desires of our heart in the process, here a little, there a little. Day by Day our path is illuminated more and more and we find delight in the Lord.
(29) The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
(30) The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
(31) The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide. Psalms 37:29-31 KJV
The righteous have an inheritance of eternity; the sweet land called Beulah in a union called “married” and called Hephzibah “my delight”
Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married. (Isaiah 62:4 KJV)
The endowment of the righteous is to speak wisely and to talk of discernment. Our God is a line of demarcation a staunch contrast to the wicked wisdom and judgment of the world. The law of God transcribed in the heart of the righteous stands in stark opposition to the law of carnal mind man. The wicked are on a slippery slope to destruction while the steps of the righteously mature do not slide. O that man would give praise to the Lord, O that men would delight in the Lord! Let us delight in our marriage to Christ and let us be his delight as we delight ourselves in him. Let us remember the exhortation of the Lord:
A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. (Psalms 37:16 KJV)
Little is much with great contentment! O the joy and jubilation of serving the Lord in Spirit and in Truth! I am delighted in the Lord; for in his presence is the fullness of joy! Selah
Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary) An Heir of Debonair! Hallelujah!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum