Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Let's Finish the Race
Today at 12:16 pm by LesBrewer

» PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT By Ray Ritchie
Today at 12:04 pm by LesBrewer

» Why do I need to be saved!
Today at 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Time Is Relevant By Ray Ritchie!
Yesterday at 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Yesterday at 7:12 am by LesBrewer

» The Best Portion of All By James Banks
Yesterday at 6:44 am by LesBrewer

» Anger Management By Linda Washington
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Desire By Ray Ritchie!
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm by LesBrewer

» We Have a King! By Xochitl Dixon
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 am by LesBrewer

» Stay Awhile By David C. McCasland
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian Rationalism
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:48 pm by LesBrewer

» Taking the first steps By Poh Fang Chia
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 am by LesBrewer

» what does it mean to speak the truth in love
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm by LesBrewer

» Writing Letters By Amy Boucher Pye
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:06 am by LesBrewer

» Seeing God By David Roper
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:54 am by LesBrewer

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let Us Understand!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Let Us Understand! on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:51 pm

LesBrewer

LET US UNDERSTAND

When tragedy hits; blame arises! Before the foundation of the world; in the mind of God the expanse of creation was already in his mind. Many gods have been worshipped claiming they’re all powerful, even the prophets of Baal thought their god was the commander and chief of the weather. But Yahweh in his wisdom set conditions upon our sphere in a solar system; with calculated precision he set earth in its course.

I recalled a Mount called Carmel where a prophet contented for the Lord. He came defying many false prophets who attended to the demon Baal. Yahweh was with Elijah on that dueling day who proclaimed the God who answers by fire is the only God. Yahweh used Elijah as a prophet who stood alone against four hundred and fifty of Baal’s prophets. These prophets were sanctioned and commissioned by King Ahab and his wife Jezebel. The setting is illustrated so that we might know that Yahweh is Lord of all.

This contest would prove to the people Yahweh was God not the demon Baal. There is no God but Yahweh; there is no Son but Yeshua; there is no Holy Spirit but the Ruah Ha-Kodesh. Our Elohim who created the heavens and the earth; whose works were seen in Genesis in the beginning:

(4) Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
(5) And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
(6) And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: Deuteronomy 6:4-6 KJV

It is Elohim who set the stars in place, who out of his mouth created the times and seasons, who tilted our sphere in a providential design setting earth on its axis. Who divided the heavens from the earth and set weather patterns and micro systems into their dynamics! O the God of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob; O the God of Adam and Eve’s creation; O the God of Elijah and Elisha; O the God of Moses and Joseph; O how wondrous is He.

Our God commands the winds and the rains, he commands the droughts with their pains, there is nothing on earth that is not under his domain; he is the supreme ruler who reigns. He longs to hear a prayer, the prayer of a righteous man, a prayer, the prayer of a righteous woman. O the effectual fervent prayer of sincerity avails the abundance for what is needed to maintain us. It is the effectual fervent prayer that opens the windows of heaven.

Can God bring a hurricane to punish a people; yes. Has God commanded the winds and waves of the recent catastrophe in our land; I do not believe so. Is this land of ours steeped in wickedness; yes. How will God bring a spiritual awakening? I believe through the uncompromised preaching of the gospel. I believe there are many prophets of Baal; those who attribute power and glory to another God and not the LORD. Another contest is on the horizon when Christ comes to defeat the Anti-Christ in Israel. You see presently we are engaged in a battle not with flesh and blood. Our battle is with the dark forces of Satan and his minions. We are at war with powers, principalities, rulers of darkness, and spiritual wickedness seated in high places in this earth. Our God and Gospel are being confronted by these powers through those demon spirits who dwell in individuals.

Just as Elijah represented a remnant in his time; I believe God has an Elijah Remnant for this hour. I believe God is calling us to cast out into the deep and reap a harvest of souls. I believe we must be willing to sacrifice and forsake whatever it takes in order to become the spiritual force that is effective in battling evil and bringing in the sheaves of lost souls. I see that many of my brethren are distracted by the world, its politics, its injustices, its travesties, and catastrophes. I understand that we have an opportunity to challenge the world with the word of God. For when we are obedient and bold in the Spirit, we shall see the enforcing hand of God move on our behalf. It is his desire; it is his will that we ramp up our strategies to win the lost of the world. He will follow up the gospel with miracles, signs, and wonders.

Elijah symbolizes a messenger of God who brings the word of God to a backslidden people and a wayward nation. He was obedient in preaching the message; being a witness; declaring the word, and a miraculous sign and wonder followed his message.

And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken. 1 Kings 18:24 KJV

We will never defeat what we are unwilling to confront. We must be obedient and bold when God moves us to proclaim his word. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the hope of humanity. Let us assign blame where blame is due and blame is due upon the devil and blinded sinners who do not know our God. He is still in the miracle working business. He will show himself strong on our behalf when we become one hundred percent dependent upon him.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1 KJV

Are you a living sacrifice or are you a part-time sacrifice? Is your dedication based upon convenience or obedience?

Jesus said, if any one follow me; let them pick up their cross. The cross we bear is the burden we share. The cross we bear symbolizes the life we left; and a life anew. The cross isn’t an accessory ornament of jewelry; but a sign of our crucifixion.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 KJV

The cross is central to Christianity; and each of us must pick up our personal cross and follow Christ to eternity. He died that we might be empowered to walk in the Spirit and to put to death the enmity which is against him namely our carnal mind. Call upon the Father in the name of the Son to baptize you in Holy Ghost fire. God is the God that answers by fire. The word is the word that is like a fire shut up in our bones, and a hammer that breaks down the resistance in our lives.

Brethren let us put life in perspective and live in the perspective of scripture. God wants us to stand up, stand out, and stand strong for him. He will answer by fire when we make him and his will our greatest desire. Let us love the LORD with all our heart, mind, body, and strength and let us love our neighbor as ourselves. Remember the devil desires to divide us; and God’s purpose is to unite us in Spirit and Truth. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum