Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Let's Finish the Race
Today at 12:16 pm by LesBrewer

» PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT By Ray Ritchie
Today at 12:04 pm by LesBrewer

» Why do I need to be saved!
Today at 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Time Is Relevant By Ray Ritchie!
Yesterday at 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Yesterday at 7:12 am by LesBrewer

» The Best Portion of All By James Banks
Yesterday at 6:44 am by LesBrewer

» Anger Management By Linda Washington
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Desire By Ray Ritchie!
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm by LesBrewer

» We Have a King! By Xochitl Dixon
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 am by LesBrewer

» Stay Awhile By David C. McCasland
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian Rationalism
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:48 pm by LesBrewer

» Taking the first steps By Poh Fang Chia
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 am by LesBrewer

» what does it mean to speak the truth in love
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm by LesBrewer

» Writing Letters By Amy Boucher Pye
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:06 am by LesBrewer

» Seeing God By David Roper
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:54 am by LesBrewer

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Prayer-less Person is Powerless Person!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Prayer-less Person is Powerless Person! on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:02 am

LesBrewer

A Prayer-less Person is Powerless Person

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
(Jeremiah 33:3 KJV)

We have the privilege to pray, the assurance of God’s listening, and the encouragement of our faith.

Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
(Psalms 55:17 KJV)

The word of God assures us that when we pray in the understanding and in the Spirit we are opening ourselves up to him, and yielding our will to his will. He directs our paths and sets up on the course when may being trying but yield the blessings of spiritual maturity and endurance. We often want the virtues of prayer, but lack the enthusiasm to pray.

Lethargy: the quality or state of being lazy, apathetic, or indifferent; Implies an aversion to activity.

Have you fallen lately; has temptation gotten the best of you? Are you walking in the light or allowing darkness to establish a stronghold. It’s time to pray until deliverance comes. When something has such a grip on your life and you surrender your will to it; it has essentially become your God. Many have a form of godliness but deny the power of God to eradicate sin in their lives. When was the last time you were on your knees long and hard enough to get through to God for a breakthrough? You may be going through some spiritual lethargy and need to shake off that drowsiness and awake unto righteousness.

Some are heading toward a spiritual collision and will not wake up until they crash headlong into the circumstance which is going to test their faith even greater than ever before. Spiritual lethargy is killing once thriving relationships and communion with God; opening up a door way for the enemy to invade, divide, and conquer lives. But when we utilized the privilege to pray; we reap the assurance and benefits of prayer.

Jesus commanded his disciples “wait in Jerusalem until you be endued with power” and when the day of Pentecost had fully come, about 120 were endued with power. A force like a rushing wind blew through that upper room and tongues of fire hovered over them as they were endued and baptized with the Holy Ghost.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
(Acts 1:8 KJV)

Brethren a pray-less person is a powerless person because they’re not going back to their knees for a refreshing of the Spirit to be filled and refilled with power to conquer and be blessed. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum