Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Let's Finish the Race
Today at 12:16 pm by LesBrewer

» PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT By Ray Ritchie
Today at 12:04 pm by LesBrewer

» Why do I need to be saved!
Today at 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Time Is Relevant By Ray Ritchie!
Yesterday at 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Yesterday at 7:12 am by LesBrewer

» The Best Portion of All By James Banks
Yesterday at 6:44 am by LesBrewer

» Anger Management By Linda Washington
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Desire By Ray Ritchie!
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm by LesBrewer

» We Have a King! By Xochitl Dixon
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 am by LesBrewer

» Stay Awhile By David C. McCasland
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian Rationalism
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:48 pm by LesBrewer

» Taking the first steps By Poh Fang Chia
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 am by LesBrewer

» what does it mean to speak the truth in love
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm by LesBrewer

» Writing Letters By Amy Boucher Pye
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:06 am by LesBrewer

» Seeing God By David Roper
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:54 am by LesBrewer

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let Freedom Ring

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Let Freedom Ring on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:06 pm

LesBrewer

LET FREEDOM RING

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:31-32 (KJV)
Wow! One of the interesting facts about the ministry of Jesus is that it operated under Roman Occupation. But Jesus didn’t come to overthrow the Romans; but to overthrow the Religious Hypocrisy which was inundated throughout the Jewish community starting with the High Priest and the divided religious sects of that time. According to Isaiah 61:1-9; this was a twofold prophecy: the time was during the Babylonian exiles in captivity there. Jesus quoted a portion of this scripture in a Synagogue.
Synagogues were a progression for the ability to have temple worship for those who were not in close proximity to the Temple and became the prototype for the church worship later. The ecclesia or call out which is the body of Christ began to utilize abandoned temples of false gods and use them to worship the true God. The point is when Jesus came into his ministry he began teaching and preaching the principles of the Heavenly Kingdom. Which was directed to tear down religiosity in Israel; the religious hierarchy hated him for it and sought a means to end his ministry and his life. This is the setting into which his ministry was birthed and grew. In Isaiah we read:
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. Isaiah 61:1-3 (KJV)
In Luke we read:
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son? Luke 4:17-22 (KJV)
Brethren, let me comfort you with the words of our Messiah, we are not in bondage if in Spirit we are free. We are not in peril if our soul in him is secure. If we are fearful our fear should be in vain; for in Christ we live, we breathe, and have our being. This body shall perish whether by the catching away or by the grave; yet it is but the shell in which we live. Freedom is ringing in our hearts because Christ came to set the captives free. Should we shirk our boldness because the political winds are not blowing in our favor; God forbid, we should be bolder still. The word has no place in the world, for the world is vehemently against it; yet the word declares “whom the Son has set free they are free indeed”.
6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:6-7 (KJV)
Brethren I declare unto you that greater is he that is in us than all who oppose us! The King of Freedom dwells in us, we are liberated even when we are persecuted, we are free even when we are marginalized, we are emancipated even when we are imprisoned. Why? Because: our liberation is from the attachments that confine us and bind us to cling to this world and its provision. God is our all and all and when we allow him to live in and through us; freedom will be clear the mind will be sound, our love will be pure, and fear shall never shackle us. The gifts of God endowed to us will flow and make an eternal difference for those who lay under the sway of the world and its temporary god and kingdoms. Selah
Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary of God)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum