Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Let's Finish the Race
Today at 12:16 pm by LesBrewer

» PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT By Ray Ritchie
Today at 12:04 pm by LesBrewer

» Why do I need to be saved!
Today at 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Time Is Relevant By Ray Ritchie!
Yesterday at 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Yesterday at 7:12 am by LesBrewer

» The Best Portion of All By James Banks
Yesterday at 6:44 am by LesBrewer

» Anger Management By Linda Washington
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Desire By Ray Ritchie!
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm by LesBrewer

» We Have a King! By Xochitl Dixon
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 am by LesBrewer

» Stay Awhile By David C. McCasland
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian Rationalism
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:48 pm by LesBrewer

» Taking the first steps By Poh Fang Chia
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 am by LesBrewer

» what does it mean to speak the truth in love
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm by LesBrewer

» Writing Letters By Amy Boucher Pye
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:06 am by LesBrewer

» Seeing God By David Roper
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:54 am by LesBrewer

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Separated People!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Separated People! on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:32 am

LesBrewer

A SEPARATED PEOPLE

11 O Corinthians, our lips are unsealed to you: our heart is expanded.
12 There is no narrowness in our love to you: the narrowness is in your own feelings.
13 And in just requital—I speak as to my children—let your hearts expand also.
14 Do not come into close association with unbelievers, like oxen yoked with asses. For what is there in common between righteousness and lawlessness? Or what partnership has light with darkness?
15 Where can harmony between Christ and Belial be found? Or what participation has a believer with an unbeliever. 2nd Corinthians 6:11-15 (WEY) (This version for clarity)
The Apostle Paul had to write to letters of reproof to the Church at Corinth. Notice the Corinthians we not lacking in Spiritual Manifestations; the gifts flowed freely through the church there; what the Church at Corinth lacked was godly wisdom, insight, and morals. We find in the Corinthian mindset the allowance of carnal and sensual conduct which not dealt with in the manner in which it should have been addressed. The above passage is a clear rebuke of the integration of the world’s ideology and mannerisms being acceptable in an otherwise Christian Church. The questions are designed to provoke attention to this unscriptural concept being practiced in the Church. Paul then alludes to a particular Old Testament Scripture in Isaiah.
11 Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD. Isaiah 52:11 (KJV)
Isaiah is speaking to the Israelites in Babylon; God is speaking to the people to depart and go back to Jerusalem and Israel. He wanted them to physically and spiritually sanctify themselves from Babylon. Babylon, concerning it significance in the Scriptures, is the emblem of whatever is proud, arrogant, wicked, and opposed to God. This is a correlation with the Church at Corinth in verses 16-18
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2nd Corinthians 6:16-18 (KJV)
Brethren; isn’t it time to separate ourselves from the world; to stand out and stand up for Christ and not integrate ourselves and align ourselves with the proud, arrogant, and wickedness that is vehemently opposed to God. This world system is fast becoming the end time Babylon of the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. We see a Great Harlot clothed in purple representing herself as the church. In her is all manner of wickedness and perversity and she has the power to bring the unwary under a trace of strong delusion.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. Revelation 18:4 (KJV)
Jeremiah had also prophesied for the Israelites to come out of Babylon. We see clearly that God does not want us to participate in the sins of society and if we continue in participating we will also participate in the punishment those sins bring down on the world. We must firmly stand on the foundation of faith never swaying to the fanatical winds of worldliness. The world is being set up for end time events with all these identity politics, ethnos against ethnos, gender against gender, ideology against ideology, and abominable perversity against Christian morality.
Brethren let us seek the face of God to be effective witnesses of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Let God deal with the world and let us proclaim the good news to a lost and dying world. The world is under the sway of the evil one; we are anointed by the Holy One; let us walk in the light and flee the darkness of the world. Selah
Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary of the King)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum