Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Take a Number By David H. Roper
Yesterday at 10:24 am by LesBrewer

» Hide And Seek By James Banks
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 am by LesBrewer

» Num 21:25-26
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm by clark thompson

» Serve and Be Served By Cindy Hess Kasper
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 am by LesBrewer

» What does it mean that Satan is the accuser?
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:54 pm by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 pm by LesBrewer

» How Much More! By David C. McCasland
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 am by LesBrewer

» Great Love By Alyson Kieda
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am by LesBrewer

» What's the Best Gift?
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:51 am by LesBrewer

» The Good Earth By Philip Yancey
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:12-13
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am by clark thompson

» The Hand Of Comfort
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:16 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Ending By Amy Boucher Pye
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:40 am by LesBrewer

» Think Before You Speak By Poh Fang Chia
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:27 am by LesBrewer

» What does it mean when it says that God remembered something
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 pm by LesBrewer

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

IS IT WORTH IT? - Ray Ritchie

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 IS IT WORTH IT? - Ray Ritchie on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am

LesBrewer

IS IT WORTH IT?

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36 (KJV)

I recall a prodigal son who lived in a wealthy household; he fared sumptuously lacking no good thing. However he knew he had an inheritance coming and tired of living under the auspices of his Father’s house. He wanted his inheritance now; so he could go live what he thought was the good life. He spent all his inheritance upon riotous and frivolous things until it was all dwindled away. Finally he found himself in the employment of a pork farmer in the lowly position of feeding the swine. All that he had, had come to naught.

His mind drifted back to the days of living in his Father’s house; and he thought to himself; even the servants in his household were more blessed and cared for than he. He thought I will leave this place and go back to my Father’s house if he will have me. But to his surprise he was greeted back into his Father’s house; he who was once alive and died came back to a robe and ring; the festival calf had been fatted and was ordered to be slaughtered for a prodigal had come home. The Father’s loving heart gave grace instead of grudging; he lay out to him love instead of laying out the law; he extended hope instead of provoking hurt.

Brethren what is the profit of being prodigal; when in the Household of God you can become a prodigy. What in the world is worth losing all that you hold in the Kingdom of God? Is it wealth, is it sex, and is it fame? All these things are temporary; none of them are worth giving up your security in the Father’s House. I beseech your brethren my God’s own mercy to ponder the end of your selfish desires; they will lead you astray and into many places which isolate you from the power, presence, and protection of God. Why? When we break covenant with God; we break off our provision from God.

Brethren; beloved of the Lord our God is abundant in love; he will provide us with the real treasures of life. In the Kingdom of God there is love, peace, and righteous. When one is satisfied in their soul; there is no greater satisfaction in this life. He loves us so much! The benefits of living for Jesus far outweigh the benefits of living for things that will perish one day.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36 (KJV)

Are you a prodigal? Your Father is waiting on you. He has a beautiful robe and ring that is tailored just for you. He will restore you to your rightful place in him; but it’s all up to you. You can be a prodigy in the Kingdom of God; but only a fading prodigal in the kingdom of man. Turn again to the Lord and be restored, turn again to the Lord and be healed in your heart, turn again to the Lord because eternity is a long time to live in darkness where the soul never dies and the smoke of torment is never ending. We know the story of the prodigal son which Jesus told us in the bible and the happy ending; but some prodigals don’t get the chance to make it back. I ask you sincerely “is it worth it”? Selah!

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Emissary)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum