Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» It’s in the News; but it was in the Bible first!
Yesterday at 11:39 am by LesBrewer

» Numbers 21:30-32
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 am by clark thompson

» NOT FORSAKEN
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:10 am by LesBrewer

» MERCY IN TIME OF NEED
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 pm by LesBrewer

» Being absent!
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:17-18
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:02 am by clark thompson

» Numbers 21:27-29
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 am by clark thompson

» Imperfect, Yet Loved By Albert Lee
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Knowing Better By Kirsten Holmberg
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian pantheism?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:14 pm by LesBrewer

» God Knows!
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:14-16
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:30 am by clark thompson

» What does it mean that ‘to die is gain’ (Philippians 1:21)?
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:19 pm by LesBrewer

» Make a Joyful Noise By Linda Washington
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am by LesBrewer

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great Day!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Great Day! on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:04 am

LesBrewer

GREAT DAY!

I would like to praise the Lord this morning for his goodness, love, and mercy! For once I was a rank sinner living in hate and despair. I thank God for sanity, soundness, and sobriety which has produced balance, reason, and pursuit of righteousness.

Let me encourage you today! God is a life changer; he is a re-arranger, and a great exchanger. Brethren our veracity for God is validated by what we pursue. He can only change, re-arrange, and exchange things in our lives to the point we allow him access. We must be pliable, teachable, and workable! God doesn’t force us but exhorts us; when we do not comply it is to our own hurt stunting our spiritual growth. Therefore; let us be redeemable to the point of pain allowing ourselves to grace in the grace and knowledge of God.

When I came to Christ I was among the chiefs of sinners, my life was one of vain glory and pride, and self -conceit. I walked about as a roaring lion seeking who I could consume concerning the lust the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the prideful disputation of life. I lived life self-centered period; however when one comes to Christ life changes because one is born anew, the inner man is changed, the heart changes, the agenda changes, and perspective changes. God is the Author and Finisher of one’s life. He sets us on a new path and gives us faith to walk it trusting him totally.

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 (KJV)

Jesus is our model or paradigm; the proto-type, the example worthy of following. Jesus is the Author of Life; He is the Alpha the beginning of true life. Piety denotes purity and Jesus is infinitely pure. We must allow him to open the eyes of our present condition and lay upon the altar of sacrifice so that he may crucify the flesh and resurrect the spirit in us. Spirit life is life more abundant; spirit life is participating and practicing eternal principles in a temporal realm. Spirit life is a declaration to God “not my will but thy will be done”, it is a manifestation to those who are watching us from a distance.

Again; our veracity for God is validated by what we pursue! Actions speak much louder than words when they’re contrary to each other. Contradiction and submission to God’s standard do not conflict when a heart is willing, pliable, and changeable. Words should never be undermined by our actions. If I declare I am a Christian my character should line up with my confession.

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. James 1:21-25

Brethren let us strive to enter in at the strait gate; let us lay aside every sin and weight that hinders our progression. When we read the word, when we hear the word, and when we ponder the word, let us take it to heart and put it into action. Let us be blessed in our participation and manifestation of obedience to the perfect law of liberty which brings great reward; first and foremost to our relationship with God and then to our relationship with others. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Commissioned Officer in the Army of the Lord)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum