Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Our Guilt Is Gone By Xochitl Dixon
Today at 11:51 am by LesBrewer

» What is absolute reality?
Today at 11:30 am by LesBrewer

» Ripe for Harvest By Amy Boucher Pye
Yesterday at 12:17 pm by LesBrewer

» Reigniting Your Passion For Christ!
Yesterday at 10:16 am by LesBrewer

» Be Still By David C. McCasland
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:18 pm by LesBrewer

» The Turn By Tim Gustafson
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:27 pm by LesBrewer

» Let Freedom Ring
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:06 pm by LesBrewer

» From Grief to Joy By Alyson Kieda
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:51 pm by LesBrewer

» Num 21:10-12
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:21 pm by clark thompson

» You’re an Original By David H. Roper
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:25 pm by LesBrewer

» A Separated People!
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:32 am by LesBrewer

» Promise of a Peaceful Home
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 am by LesBrewer

» Not Fear but Faith By Amy Boucher Pye
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:28 am by LesBrewer

» What is tota scriptura?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:01 pm by LesBrewer

» IS IT WORTH IT? - Ray Ritchie
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am by LesBrewer

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

SWEET SURRENDER!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 SWEET SURRENDER! on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:17 pm

LesBrewer

SWEET SURRENDER

The night was a bit of restless with my mind running under a thin veneer of sleep. I am excited about things present and things future. I am living in expectation of the greater things which are coming my way. I love to see God’s wonder working power in the midst of life. There are so many today which need Jesus firmly in their lives. Many today have not totally surrendered all to him. Brethren, God would have us surrender all our being to him; humility is the springboard to submission.

(1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
(2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
(3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:1-3 KJV

The first conduct of our call is to manifest their gratitude of grace. True graciousness is the expression of humbleness of mind, a genuine gentleness, a prevailing patience, a mental fortitude, and an unpretentious love. Yet many persist in being unyielding in areas of their lives.

Brethren we are but formations of clay with the life of breath; we are formed and infuse with an intellect to develop concepts, precepts, and percepts. We are gifted with great dexterity, agility, and physical ability. Yet; in all that we are as the crown of creation we are born with the propensity to sin. The sin of pride is a major force in the tainted mentality of mankind. Pride holds on to certain elements of the carnal mindset. Pride refuses to surrender all. Those that harbor it in the heart defy the God who has created them. Brethren will the clay say to him who formed it who are you to mold me?

O let us who were marred with sin allow the Master Potter to remold us. O let us surrender unyielding all to him we owe. Jesus the incarnation the Word made flesh for our Salvation. Let us endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in an unflinching bond of peace. Brethren let us walk in worthiness living and manifesting the spirit of holiness which is display of true unblemished piety. Love works no ill toward its brother; love isn’t resentfully proud and retaliating; love seeks peace through unity. When life is filled with spiteful disputations and words that gender strive; where is the surrender?

(13) Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
(14) But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
(15) This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
(16) For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
(17) But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. James 3:13-17 KJV

I would have you look the definition of godly wisdom; not the worldly wise; but the godly wise. The contrast between them is plain. Worldly wisdom is puffed up with pride built on the foundation of a carnal mentality. Godly wisdom is inundated with humility built upon the foundation of a biblical mentality which has surrendered to will of God. When someone displays arrogance and calls it righteousness; they’re blind to the pride that is operating in their lives.

Godly wisdom is pure because it is untainted or contaminated by the flesh, the its propels peace from a gentle foundation, it is easy to be persuaded if wrong, filled with mercy and good works, it is impartial and unbiased, and without hypocritically judgmental.

Brethren; total surrender is a must if we want to receive the fullness of the blessings of God in our lives. We should humble ourselves in the face of adversity, or injustice, or trials and tribulations. God is our shield and buckler; he is our strong high tower, he is our safe haven. When we surrender totally to him; there is a peace so sweet; there is a hedge so high, because we have condescended to a mentality of humility. He will surround us with his love and exalt us in due season. We shall accomplish the rewards of the call when we walk in the virtues of the call. I don’t know about you but the rewards of the call is seeing people saved, healed, and delivered through anointing of God on my life. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Surrendered Servant)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum