Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 21:10-12
Yesterday at 1:21 pm by clark thompson

» You’re an Original By David H. Roper
Yesterday at 12:25 pm by LesBrewer

» A Separated People!
Yesterday at 10:32 am by LesBrewer

» Promise of a Peaceful Home
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 am by LesBrewer

» Not Fear but Faith By Amy Boucher Pye
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:28 am by LesBrewer

» Reigniting Your Passion For Christ!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 am by LesBrewer

» What is tota scriptura?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:01 pm by LesBrewer

» IS IT WORTH IT? - Ray Ritchie
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am by LesBrewer

» Under His Wings By Linda Washington
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:08 am by LesBrewer

» Love for Children By Bill Crowder
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:51 am by LesBrewer

» How can I learn to not take offense at little things?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:44 am by LesBrewer

» Are you going to Heaven?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:51 am by LesBrewer

» Grateful for Everything By Sheridan Voysey
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 am by LesBrewer

» Love Lifted Me!
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 am by LesBrewer

» Who is greatest in the kingdom?
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:25 am by LesBrewer

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got it or not? By Ray Ritchie....

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Got it or not? By Ray Ritchie.... on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:14 am

LesBrewer

GOT IT OR NOT?

I often say; count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations. Some temptations have to do with our own emotions and the undisciplined spiritual man. Brethren sometimes life puts the screws to our mind and emotions; at that time we can either let them take control which leads to losing control, or we can discipline ourselves by allowing the Holy Spirit to turn those times into times of overcoming them through the disciplines of the Spirit. I am so glad that I have the Holy Spirit living and abiding in me to help me discipline myself and bring my flesh under subjection lest I be counted as a castaway. He leads us and guides us into all truth which teaches us to bring our bodies into subjection and to bring our minds into subjection. You see brethren; when we walk in obedience which is our part of walking in the Spirit, we are walking in faith. Every time we obey the Spirit we gain more ground spiritually. I thank God for discipline which results in godliness and blessings.

(24) Do you not know that those who run in the stadium all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
(25) And everyone who competes exercises self-control in all things. Thus those do so in order that they may receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one.
(26) Therefore I run in this way, not as running aimlessly; I box in this way, not as beating the air.
(27) But I discipline my body and subjugate it, lest somehow after preaching to others, I myself should become disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 LEB

Wow, Paul was saying I discipline my body and subjugate it!

(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23 KJV

Temperance is the King James version can be translated self-restraint which is self-control. For instance there are many times in life that we in the old man would strike back or in other words be vindictive. But because we are growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ and walking in the spirit of a renewed mind which does not yield to the natural or carnal mind through discipline we are able to quench the flesh and live in the Spirit.

(2) My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
(3) Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
(4) But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
(5) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
(6) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7) For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
(8) A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1:2-8 KJV

Faith has the fortitude of endurance; longsuffering can also be translated patience, preserve, and endure. When we have faith it is a focused faith honed by the trials of life. The fruit of faith is the fruit of the Spirit; the Spirit empowers us to walk in the fruit of the Spirit as we submit to his spiritual disciplinary unction and training. Remember when we were born again our spirit became brand new; we were as the scripture teaches new born babes gaining substance for growth through the sincere milk of the word. But through discipline we grow into maturity.

(12) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
(13) For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
(14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Hebrews 5:12-14 KJV

Brethren let us strive for the mastery by the temperance which is developed through allowing ourselves to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Let us buffet or condition ourselves through obedience to the principles, precepts, and protocol of the Scriptures. Let us become skillful by partaking of the strong meat of God’s wonderful word. Let us not allow the winds and waves of life to overwhelm our faith; let us secure and anchor our faith in the Spirit and Truth of God. A double minded person is an unfocused person; one who has not singularly focused upon the principles and promises of God. Let us now attend ourselves to the conditioning of God’s Spirit for greater things by indulging ourselves into his program for our spiritual success in Christ who has called us to be more than conquers. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Disciple) Disciplined One

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]