Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» From Grief to Joy By Alyson Kieda
Today at 3:51 pm by LesBrewer

» Num 21:10-12
Yesterday at 1:21 pm by clark thompson

» You’re an Original By David H. Roper
Yesterday at 12:25 pm by LesBrewer

» A Separated People!
Yesterday at 10:32 am by LesBrewer

» Promise of a Peaceful Home
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:37 am by LesBrewer

» Not Fear but Faith By Amy Boucher Pye
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:28 am by LesBrewer

» Reigniting Your Passion For Christ!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 am by LesBrewer

» What is tota scriptura?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:01 pm by LesBrewer

» IS IT WORTH IT? - Ray Ritchie
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am by LesBrewer

» Under His Wings By Linda Washington
Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:08 am by LesBrewer

» Love for Children By Bill Crowder
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:51 am by LesBrewer

» How can I learn to not take offense at little things?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:44 am by LesBrewer

» Are you going to Heaven?
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:51 am by LesBrewer

» Grateful for Everything By Sheridan Voysey
Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 am by LesBrewer

» Love Lifted Me!
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 am by LesBrewer

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

GUILT PATTERNS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 GUILT PATTERNS! on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:51 am

LesBrewer

GUILT PATTERNS

While I was changing out the bedstead for my mother, I seen a box that said Quilt Patterns; however my eyes seen the words guilt patterns of which the Spirit quicken me to the reality of those who are succumbed by feelings of guilt every day. I hope to clarify biblical teaching concerning guilt associated with our past sins, and or if we’ve fallen short after our rebirth. The bible teaches us that we are now guiltless of those transgressions through the cleansing power of the blood of the Lamb.

(1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(3) For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(4) That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(5) For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
(6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
(7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
(8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:1-8 KJV

Guilt can also be subjective; hence emotionally fueled instead of reality fueled. Guilt in this context is basically self-deception. Because we are sentient beings (self-conscious) sensitive in perception; we are vulnerable to self-condemnation.

Unscriptural guilt (condemnation) starts with self-accusation. A person who lives in continual self-accusation has not accepted the grace of God which condemns sin in the flesh. A person who lives this way lives in torment without the peace of God. Unscriptural guilt appeals itself to the judgment of God; hence living life through the lens of God impending judgment. In this way they cannot appeal to the compassion of God; living in the mentality that God is affirming their self-accusation.

Our minds can be mitigated by guilt or grace. The guilt of sin and self-condemnation is the dynamic of the old mentality. We are no longer under the law of condemnation; it was a school master to reveal what God calls sin that leads to death; but we are now under the law of grace in Christ Jesus.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2 KJV)

The fear that is associated with the penalty of sin has been eradicated through the blood of the New Covenant. However; let me point out that self-accusation is not the same as self-examination. This is why we are instructed to be continually transformed by the renewing of our minds. We have a new birth, a new mind, and have become a new man.
We are supposed to process life through the renewing of the spirit of the mind.

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. (Romans 12:3 KJV)

The carnal is haughty instead of holy which leads to self-exaltation; which is the based solidly in self-conceit which is evidently not the mind of Christ. The emphasis is upon sobriety of mentality which brings up to reality of who we are and what we are called to do.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18 KJV)

Pride is the mental road to self-destruction; it leads to haughtiness. It contaminates our mentality will loftiness and arrogance. It leads to contention and divisiveness and ultimately to error and downfall which is the beginning of self-annihilation which produces self-condemnation. This person will continue to walk in guilt instead of the graces of a spiritually sober mind-set.

Brethren; our mentality truly determines the kind of reality we will experience. Grace is the virtue of the humble; it affords them peace of mind not the torment of continual self-accusation. Those who live by virtue of guiltiness are inadvertently walking under the condemnation of the law; these walk under the fear of judgment instead of the faith of justification. The word of God is clear concerning our spiritual intellectual liberty; it is a battle which must be fought to withstand all the fiery darts of guilt, doom, and gloom.

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; (2 Corinthians 10:5 KJV)

God through the infusion, the investment, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit has given us authority to cast down the mental elevations of the carnal mind and the consequent strongholds they develop when we do not discern their exaltation against the revealed knowledge and will of God as born again Christians. To live in constant self-condemnation is a stronghold of the carnal mind; self-persecution is not an attribute of a spiritual mind. Christ paid the penalty for our condemnation; we should live in the newness of our mind which is set free in the perfect law of liberty. Jesus told us:

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19 KJV)

The enemy embellishes upon our mistakes, errors, and sins. He will shoot fiery darts of accusations long after repentance in an effort to belittle one and cause one to belittle them-selves. He is a master at enhancing a fault which causes guilt to develop and then he keeps up the pressure through suggestively firing thought of condemnation through using personal pronouns. We must learn to walk in the newness of the spirit of the mind.

(21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
(24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Ephesians 4:21-24 KJV

The new man is empowered in the human spirit of his mind being brought into a place of renewal. Yes his mind is still intellectual and emotional; in its remembrance of judgment, imagination, and perception; but now it is under the auspices of the new habitation and governance. There is the inner man created in righteousness and true holiness who walks not after the flesh but after the Spirit. Let us therefore go forth in the full knowledge of our new life in Christ walking by faith not by sight, walking in the light of love not by the fear of darkness, walking in the Spirit not by the old mind of man. Brethren, let us remember the difference between Holy Ghost conviction and Carnal Self-Condemnation! Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (New Creation)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum