Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Acts 10:7-8
Today at 11:54 am by clark thompson

» When Beauty Never Ends By James Banks
Today at 11:44 am by LesBrewer

» Why do people reject Jesus as their Savior?
Today at 11:21 am by LesBrewer

» We've Got the Power
Yesterday at 11:36 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Yesterday at 11:18 am by LesBrewer

» An Encounter with Stones
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:17 pm by LesBrewer

» Invisible Influence By Jennifer Benson Schuldt
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am by LesBrewer

» What should a Christian do when convictions violate ........
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:28 pm by LesBrewer

» Room 5020 By Dave Branon
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 am by LesBrewer

» Held by God By Monica Brands
Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:04 am by LesBrewer

» How can I overcome temptation?
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 pm by LesBrewer

» A New Name By Marvin Williams
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 am by LesBrewer

» How should a Christian view apartheid?
Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:54 pm by LesBrewer

» The Good Shepherd By Amy Boucher Pye
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 am by LesBrewer

» Two - Winged Sun By Poh Fang Chia
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:19 am by LesBrewer

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surprise Interview By Mart DeHaan

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Surprise Interview By Mart DeHaan on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:55 pm

LesBrewer

Surprise Interview By Mart DeHaan

Read: Acts 26:9–15

The King will say, “I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!” Matthew 25:40 nlt

On a crowded London commuter train, an early morning rider shoved and insulted a fellow passenger who got in his way. It was the kind of unfortunate and mindless moment that usually remains unresolved. But later that day, the unexpected happened. A business manager sent a quick message to his social media friends, “Guess who just showed up for a job interview.” When his explanation appeared on the Internet, people all over the world winced and smiled. Imagine walking into a job interview only to discover that the person who greets you is the one you had shoved and sworn at earlier that day.

Saul also ran into someone he never expected to see. While raging against a group called the Way (Acts 9:1–2), he was stopped in his tracks by a blinding light. Then a voice said, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” (v. 4). Saul asked, “Who are you, Lord?” The One speaking to him replied, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting” (26:15).

Years earlier Jesus had said that how we treat the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, and the prisoner reflects our relationship to Him (Matt. 25:35–36). Who would have dreamed that when someone insults us, or when we help or hurt another, the One who loves us takes it personally?

Father, forgive us for acting as if You were not present in our moments of need, hurt, anger, or compassion.

When we help or hurt one another, Jesus takes it personally.

INSIGHT:

Commentator William Barclay says, “One of the extraordinary things about the great characters in the New Testament story is that they were never afraid to confess what once they had been.” In today’s passage, Paul describes how Christ had transformed his life from someone who once persecuted Christ and His followers to someone who proclaims the truth of the gospel. His former way of life no longer defined him. A personal testimony is an effective witnessing tool. A simple way of telling our story is to write down answers to three simple questions: What characterized my life before receiving Christ? What were the circumstances when I chose to receive Him? How has my life changed since I trusted Jesus for salvation?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum