Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Living in Tents By Amy Boucher
Today at 11:55 am by LesBrewer

» What Simon Said
Yesterday at 12:18 pm by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:3-4
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:00 pm by clark thompson

» Let's Finish the Race
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:16 pm by LesBrewer

» PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT By Ray Ritchie
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm by LesBrewer

» Why do I need to be saved!
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Time Is Relevant By Ray Ritchie!
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:12 am by LesBrewer

» The Best Portion of All By James Banks
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 am by LesBrewer

» Anger Management By Linda Washington
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Desire By Ray Ritchie!
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm by LesBrewer

» We Have a King! By Xochitl Dixon
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 am by LesBrewer

» Stay Awhile By David C. McCasland
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian Rationalism
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:48 pm by LesBrewer

» Taking the first steps By Poh Fang Chia
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 am by LesBrewer

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Lord Is My Shepherd by Ray Ritchie!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Lord Is My Shepherd by Ray Ritchie! on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:41 am

LesBrewer

The Lord is My Shepherd

I love Jesus, I strive to be led by the Spirit, I understand the mandate that God has on my life. The Lord has taken me through many types of valleys. One of the major valleys is the valley of emotion; because emotion is ingrained into our psyche. Inasmuch as we have an enemy who knows just how to fan the fires of those emotions and bring us into a place of complacency, indifference, and even animosity. I am by no means perfect; but Jesus is! Therefore I have a paradigm (a model worthy of imitation) to set a course for me. When my emotions begin to unbalance the scales of my biblical spirituality; I must pray for the strength to set them in order. It’s easy to say “though he slay me yet will I praise his name”, than to actually endure it.

Brethren, all things are not good, but in the course of fulfilling God’s objectives in our lives, all things do work for the good of those who truly love God and are called according to his purposes. O dear God, let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be a pleasure in your sight; Lord that I may serve you in humility even in the midst of the most trying times. Let the light of your love pierce the darkness and allow me to understand the trial that comes to try me. Let me see Lord, the spiritual lack in me; so that I may be able to help those who may face the same things. Let my finger first point back at me, that I may not become an accuser of the brethren as does our adversary. Let not emotion overwhelm me and derail the purpose for which you have called me. Yes; he who keeps me never sleeps or slumbers, but is ever awake, diligent, and vigilant.

(1) A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
(2) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
(3) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
(4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
(5) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
(6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Psalms 23:1-6 KJV

I will put my trust in the arm of the Lord, for the arm of man shall fail me. My God will lead me and guide me into all truth, he will furnish what is needed, he will protect me in times of trouble, he will anoint me for the work, and his grace and mercy will be my portion. The conclusion of it all; I shall abide under the shadow of the almighty for I will seek continually to dwell in the secret place of the Most High God. The Lord is My Shepherd I shall not want. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Christian)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum