Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» It’s in the News; but it was in the Bible first!
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:39 am by LesBrewer

» Numbers 21:30-32
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 am by clark thompson

» NOT FORSAKEN
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:10 am by LesBrewer

» MERCY IN TIME OF NEED
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 pm by LesBrewer

» Being absent!
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:17-18
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:02 am by clark thompson

» Numbers 21:27-29
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 am by clark thompson

» Imperfect, Yet Loved By Albert Lee
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Knowing Better By Kirsten Holmberg
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian pantheism?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:14 pm by LesBrewer

» God Knows!
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:14-16
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:30 am by clark thompson

» What does it mean that ‘to die is gain’ (Philippians 1:21)?
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:19 pm by LesBrewer

» Make a Joyful Noise By Linda Washington
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am by LesBrewer

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

YAHWEH / JEHOVAH RAPHA By Ray Ritchie

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 YAHWEH / JEHOVAH RAPHA By Ray Ritchie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:11 pm

LesBrewer

YAHWEH/JEHOVAH RAPHA

He heals the broken in heart, and binds up their wounds. From Psalm 14.

Years ago I had a massive broken heart and I thought I would never be normal in that area of my life. But time passed by and my heart was mended through my reliance and relationship with Christ. God had a plan B which I knew nothing about until I was right in the middle of it, and now I live totally restored in my heart and emotions in that area of my life.

When I was a younger man; I never thought I would live to be over 60 years because of the lifestyle I chose for myself in the world. I never thought I would ever leave the United States to travel to other countries to preach a gospel that I was in rebellion against most of my youthful years. Yet here I am a world traveler who has seen several countries and partook in several cultures while reaching out to them with the gospel of Christ.

In my life I’ve had several goals and accomplished many of them because they were within the confines of God’s will for my life. Many times in prayer I sought his face and heard his voice concerning his will for my life. I’ve found out the profound truth that when we do hear God clearly and begin to walk in his will there will always be those who criticize, who try to cast doubt, and who try to manipulate you to do something else.

I’ve suffered the broken heart of broken relationships because of my obedience to God. However, God will set someone in my life at those times who becomes a source of healing through their ability to understand what I am going through. One of those relationships which is of a healing nature is the one I have with my wife. She believes in me and trust that I hear from God; this of course can also be a relationship which also wakes me to the reality that I am doing something in and of myself; for which I am grateful for the honesty of my trust that my spouse can sometimes see what I cannot and vice versa.

What I have observed in this present life is the reality of broken relationships and broken hearts. But I have also experienced the Balm of Gilead which is to me Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior. He came specifically to heal or mend the broken hearted. One of our names for God is Jehovah Rapha. We see in Exodus 15:22-26 that God is able through his wisdom being applied by man to make the bitter waters of life become sweet.

And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee. (Exodus 15:26 KJV)

Jehovah is translated as “The Existing One” or “Eternal One” YHWH is the tetragrammaton or the four letters which Jehovah/Yahweh is derived. The chief meaning of Jehovah is derived from the Hebrew word havah meaning “to be” or “to exist.” It also suggests “to become” or specifically “to become known” this describes a God who reveals Himself unceasingly. Once we compound the existing one with the word of healing it reveals an attribute which is real and consistent as we come to know our God more and more. Our relationship is contingent upon prayer, word infusion, and obedience.

God understands the pain associated with broken relationships because even his own children break fellowship with him and the ultimate broken relationship was the treason in Eden. But praise be to God for our redeemer, our reconciliation, our restorer of the breach Yeshua Ha Mashiach. Yes the thief (Satan) came to steal kill and destroy; but eternal ever existing God came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. God can and will restore sevenfold what the destroyer came to steal in our lives.

(16) And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
(17) And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
(18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
(19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
(20) And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
(21) And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. Luke 4:16-21 KJV

Rapha means to mend by stitching or in other words to heal. Therapeuo is the Greek word or equivalent of Rapha, which means to cure. Note: when God heals our hearts he leaves no scars; he is such a healer. When the bitter waters of life are stirred up and we are the victims of bitterness. We cannot but help to come to the bitter waters of a bitter world. Many times the waters in the wilderness will bring out in us what is within; while the circumstance can reveal to us our unworthiness compared to God’s righteousness, God brings us to those bitter waters to open our eyes and heal our hearts. Why? Because we are all broken vessels that have come to God for the mending of our imperfections, and the total healings which are apparent in the healing waters of the Word.

Brethren keep the faith today by waiting upon the Lord to renew your strength. He is well able to heal you instantly, but chooses many times to do it through a process that exposes our shortcomings and misgivings. Why? Because without that process we would take no thought into the next relationship that every relationship has two sides to the coin, in other words two sides to the story. Sometimes we order our own pain in ignorance, but once we are enlightened; our new found insight should guide us a right into the next relationship. God doesn’t heal our hearts for us to run head long into another hurtful relationship but to take the revelation we’ve acquired into the rest of our lives and walk in wisdom.

Today I am wondrously healed and restored because of God miracle working power in my life. But it did not happen in an instant, but over time through prayer and reliance and trust in Jesus. He came that we may have life more abundantly, don’t settle for a cheap imitation of temporary fixes that end up worse than the one you came out of. Let Jesus bring you into full and enduring restoration. Selah

Shalom, Agape, and Amen!
Bro. Ray…….(Preacher)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum