Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» It’s in the News; but it was in the Bible first!
Yesterday at 11:39 am by LesBrewer

» Numbers 21:30-32
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 am by clark thompson

» NOT FORSAKEN
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:10 am by LesBrewer

» MERCY IN TIME OF NEED
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 pm by LesBrewer

» Being absent!
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:17-18
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:02 am by clark thompson

» Numbers 21:27-29
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 am by clark thompson

» Imperfect, Yet Loved By Albert Lee
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Knowing Better By Kirsten Holmberg
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian pantheism?
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:14 pm by LesBrewer

» God Knows!
Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:14-16
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:30 am by clark thompson

» What does it mean that ‘to die is gain’ (Philippians 1:21)?
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:19 pm by LesBrewer

» Make a Joyful Noise By Linda Washington
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:10 am by LesBrewer

December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Compassion? Ray Ritchie

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Compassion? Ray Ritchie on Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:04 pm

LesBrewer

Compassion?

I heard it said recently “don’t make your conviction an obligation for everyone else”. There are many today in the body of Christ that does just that very thing. They take one scripture out of context and make it a law for everyone. Brethren we are all growing in this grace at different rates, none of us is perfect except through the imputation of righteousness which was afforded us through Christ when he died upon the cross. When I first came to Jesus I had a lot of preconception about what living for Jesus was like. But as I studied the bible; those preconceptions had to give way to the truth. When I was first called into ministry it was a surprise; but I embraced it and wanted to know that I was walking in the truth or at least progressing toward it. Over the years I have studied much, prayed much, and preached much all for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry. Along the way I have erred, I have fallen, and I been mistaken about many things while thanking God for grace and mercy. Remember brethren; where someone is wrong God is able to bring correction in time as they proceed through this life.

I use to preach it a lot concerning those around us who may not measure up to our standard of spirituality “look past the flaws to see the cause therein lays the answer”. Brethren loving someone the way Christ does takes caring enough to investigate why they fall short in an area of their life and then praying and seeking the face of God on their behalf. Many times a deep seated hurt is at the bottom of an outward manifestation of rebellion. Those problems and imperfections did not come to exist overnight, but are the layers of much pain which was not dealt with in a Christ like manner.

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. (Galatians 6:1 KJV)

One of the attributes of human nature is a critical spirit. We often criticize others for the very same flaws we have within ourselves. The bible teaches us to take a spiritual approach to reconciliation and restoration. It’s called meekness or in other words with a humble and gentle approach handling it with a tempered mind. A Christian can very well be overtaken in a fault for a myriad of reasons; and this is why the next verse tells us.

Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2 KJV)

Brethren, it is much easier to criticize or alienate someone than it is to help restore them to a strong spiritual state. Restoration takes time, patience, and effort and many quite frankly will not take that time; but would love that same attention when they’re dealing with a fault. Our natural body has natural antibodies which combat sickness and disease to keep us healthy. So is the design of the Christian Body it has the living Spirit of God which anoints every member to help heal itself when satan, sin, and suffering attacks it. Brethren we are called to be our brother’s keeper, but not to help keep them in the prison of their own weaknesses but to lead them to paths of righteousness which the compassion of our indwelling Savior. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Serving)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum