Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Take a Number By David H. Roper
Today at 10:24 am by LesBrewer

» Hide And Seek By James Banks
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 am by LesBrewer

» Num 21:25-26
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm by clark thompson

» Serve and Be Served By Cindy Hess Kasper
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 am by LesBrewer

» What does it mean that Satan is the accuser?
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:54 pm by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:32 pm by LesBrewer

» How Much More! By David C. McCasland
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 am by LesBrewer

» Great Love By Alyson Kieda
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am by LesBrewer

» What's the Best Gift?
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:51 am by LesBrewer

» The Good Earth By Philip Yancey
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 am by LesBrewer

» Acts 10:12-13
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 am by clark thompson

» The Hand Of Comfort
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:16 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Ending By Amy Boucher Pye
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:40 am by LesBrewer

» Think Before You Speak By Poh Fang Chia
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:27 am by LesBrewer

» What does it mean when it says that God remembered something
Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 pm by LesBrewer

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unfailing Love By James Banks

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Unfailing Love By James Banks on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:26 am

LesBrewer

Unfailing Love By James Banks

Read: Lamentations 3:21–26

Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! Psalm 63:3 nlt

On a recent airline flight the landing was a little rough, jostling us left and right down the runway. Some of the passengers were visibly nervous, but the tension broke when two little girls sitting behind me cheered, “Yeah! Let’s do that again!”

Children are open to new adventures and see life with humble, wide-eyed wonder. Perhaps this is part of what Jesus had in mind when He said that we have to “receive the kingdom of God like a little child” (Mark 10:15).

Life has its challenges and heartaches. Few knew this better than Jeremiah, who is also called “the weeping prophet.” But in the middle of Jeremiah’s troubles, God encouraged him with an amazing truth: “The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning” (Lam. 3:22–23 nlt).

God’s fresh mercies can break into our lives at any moment. They are always there, and we see them when we live with childlike expectation—watching and waiting for what only He can do. Jeremiah knew that God’s goodness is not defined only by our immediate circumstances and that His faithfulness is greater than life’s rough places. Look for God’s fresh mercies today.

Lord, please help me to have the faith of a child so that I can live with expectation, always looking forward to what You will do next.

God is greater than anything that happens to us.

INSIGHT:

Chapter 3 of this inspired book initiates a call for repentance in the people of God. Jeremiah has been rightly called “the weeping prophet.” Part of this had to do with a more sensitive temperament than, for example, the prophet Elijah, who felt quite comfortable delivering a fiery challenge. The record we have in the books of Jeremiah and Lamentations indicates that, at times, Jeremiah felt a deep call to the prophetic ministry but also felt emotional wounds from rejection. Jeremiah reflected on the gracious character of the living God he served in the context of the psychological suffering he incurred by faithfully delivering God’s message. Central to the comfort Jeremiah felt is God’s faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:21-26 King James Version (KJV)

21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum