Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Acts 10:3-4
Today at 3:00 pm by clark thompson

» Let's Finish the Race
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:16 pm by LesBrewer

» PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT By Ray Ritchie
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm by LesBrewer

» Why do I need to be saved!
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Time Is Relevant By Ray Ritchie!
Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:05 am by LesBrewer

» Choosing The Extraordinary Life!
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:12 am by LesBrewer

» The Best Portion of All By James Banks
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 am by LesBrewer

» Anger Management By Linda Washington
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:38 am by LesBrewer

» Desire By Ray Ritchie!
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:05 pm by LesBrewer

» We Have a King! By Xochitl Dixon
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 am by LesBrewer

» Stay Awhile By David C. McCasland
Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am by LesBrewer

» What is Christian Rationalism
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:48 pm by LesBrewer

» Taking the first steps By Poh Fang Chia
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 am by LesBrewer

» what does it mean to speak the truth in love
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm by LesBrewer

» Writing Letters By Amy Boucher Pye
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:06 am by LesBrewer

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

REFLECTIONS - By Ray Ritchie!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 REFLECTIONS - By Ray Ritchie! on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:40 pm

LesBrewer

REFLECTIONS

One the beautiful things about nature reflections upon still waters when the light is in the right position. It is the glimpses of God’s artful handiwork. A lake on a moonlit night can reflect the stars in the sky, the dawning or setting of sun reflected upon still or ripples of water as it floats effortlessly by. A stand of trees in autumn multicolored reflected on a still lake paints a picture pleasing to the eye. The reflection of images on glass clad buildings as the sun shines so brightly with a sky so blue setting on high from the noonday view.

O how majestic is the scene of a swan’s own image cast upon smooth silky waters as it glides.
O how wondrous is the view looking down at the waters to see ourselves looking back and then to see the ripples when we drop a pebble to see the motions distort the images.
O the joy of stillness, and the joy of silence.

A person must look into his nature through the looking glass of God, where lies his express image of which we can’t deny. For as water is to nature, God’s word is for our soul, it will show our true image as we look into its stillness, and as we silently ponder the power of the Son, it will show us our nature and what should be done.

He leads me by still waters, there to see myself and then as I am reflecting he restores my soul. His word when hidden in the depths of my heart will give me glimpse of heaven and from sin I will depart.

5 O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. Psalm 92:5 (KJV)

O Lord, I love to ponder the works of your creative hands and the majesty of your deep thoughts, your wise words are my reflection as ponder the path before me. Your rod and staff do guide me as you prepare a place ahead; I will feast at your rich table where my soul is fed. I will let their power infuse me and change me where I err, I will conform unto your image to see myself repaired. For your word it is my mirror for which I desire to see, that when I look in it; I see the image of thee. Lead me to deep waters and from its wellspring, let me receive your wisdom like a flowing stream.

The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook. Proverbs 18:4 (KJV)

Reflection is a virtue when in this life we live, to ponder all our actions in the light of God. I love to sit in the stillness the day, looking on creation in the gospel way. I love to reflect upon the word of God, and to pray all its virtues that in my life I trod. So when my mouth speaks it speaks the words of God flowing like a river, to hearts that are abroad. For first I have applied it to this heart humbled in its presence I bow down, for one day in heaven I’ll wear a robe and crown.

As the deer pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after thee, O God. Psalm 42:1 (NKJV)

As a deer am I who pants in thirst for thee, for my souls is so thirsty longing after thee. For in this world of wonder there is still a soul that longs for all the precious presence that is only found in thee. I will be still and silent before the brook of life for in the wondrous waters is healing for my life. I pant in sweet longing just to hear your voice and I stand in total silent waiting to rejoice. In the depth of my longing my I wait for your deep to call to me, to hear the words of wisdom that flow from thine own throne, to fill me with your Spirit to satisfy this thirst for which I not deserving; but your grace gives to me an entrance to your throne where grace and mercy meet to satisfy my hunger and stand in awe of thee.

Reflections; are the mirrors of the soul. Brethren let us keep faith so grace, goodness, and mercy shall follow us all the days of our lives. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
D.R. Ritchie (Servant)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum